Vivo V9 is the first device under 25k in India to come up with the display notch. If you are a fan of iPhone X but want to get something much cheaper, Vivo V9 may fit the bill. The device was launched in April 2018, and it will compete with Oppo F7, which is little cheaper but has similar specifications. In this post, we have a quick check on specifications of Vivo V9.
- V9 is very similar to iPhone X in terms of the design. The frontal panel is covered entirely by the display, thanks to the 19:9 ratio, while the back is made of aluminum. It just weighs 150 grams, which makes it handy device for daily use.
- It gets a 6.3-inch FHD+ touchscreen display with 19:9 aspect ratio as mentioned above. With resolution of 1080×2280 pixels, this is easily one of the best devices we have seen for the price, and even in direct sunlight, the response was decent.
- V9 runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 2.2GHz Octa-core processor and has 64GB of onboard storage and 4GB RAM. While we did expect the latter to be 6GB, we didn’t have any performance issues. You can expand the storage further up to 256 GB via a microSD card.
- The device runs on the brand’s custom Funtouch OS 4.0 atop Android 8.1 out of the box. For those who are used to stock Android experience, they may need a while to understand the new skin.
- True to what Vivo is known for, V9 packs a 24 MP selfie camera on the front for great selfies, while on the rear, it gets a 16 MP + 5 MP combo. We did try using the cameras under lower lighting conditions and found no issues.
Buying V9? Consider these aspects!
If you are looking for smartphones under 25k, Vivo V9 should make you happy for the right reasons. Most of the aspects mentioned above are great, although we hoped that it had a better battery (V9 has a 3260mAh non-removable battery). Just in case it matters, you don’t get the USB Type-C port either.
Overall, V9 is a good phone and does offer bang for your buck. We found it to be adequate in most departments, and the display and camera setup remain the important highlights. If you don’t want to spend a lot on expensive devices, this should suffice.